Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Canadian aviation and props

I haven't wrote in my blog for a while. There's not much to tell. I should write more about aviation, because I want to make this blog an aviation blog.

So... where do I start? I've been reading a blog from a canadian pilot (A woman pilot) and she explains things very good. It's well worth it reading that blog from he beginning, as I'm doing it now. Of course, it's a blog and she writes all sort of things that happen in her life, but it gets very interesting when she writes about technical stuff. Like describing the PT6-A turboprop engine (The best turboprop engine ever made) and explaining how a constant speed propeller works (also the turboprop propeller). She put a link to an AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) brochure about "Propeller Safety" and it's very good!

http://www.aopa.org/asf/publications/sa06.pdf

I'll write about the differences of fixed pitch and constant speed propellers in the future, but I want to start describing the planes I fly: C-152 and C-182. The POHs will help this time ;) Of course, next time I fly, I'll write a very detailed post of all things a pilot must do. It will be parallel as I write about the C-152. It is very important to know how your airplane works and it's characterisitcs.

Just one last thing: Yesterday I saw a comment on one of my posts: "inche mamon inga tu madre" I don't know you and probably you don't know me. Please have more respect and maturity. You passed well beyond the line. Of course, I deleted it.

That's all, have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment